Turtle Island is all about the finer points in life: Love, travel, relaxation, incredible meals, and of course, great wine. We go out of our way (quite literally) to hand pick selections from the most wonderful boutique wineries in the world. We find wines from the premier wine growing regions from all points of the globe, but these wineries are just far enough off the beaten path that you’ll likely be trying them for the first time while visiting us.
Our wine list changes constantly, ensuring that each vintage is up to high standards. We find wines that pair with our island meals … such as our Mongolian Barbeque, which pairs well with our Young’s Vineyard’s 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. Or try something sweet like our Allan Scott 2008 Marlborough Riesling with something spicy, like our Curry night. Meals finish with delectable ports and dessert wines.
Our selections may change, but our desire and passion to bring you unique, interesting, delicious hidden gems does not falter. In fact, the wine country lifestyle is not far off from the island life. Every day, we enjoy the finer things in life. We hope you’ll enjoy them with us soon!
At the start of your stay with us, you are welcome to peruse the cellar so you can select your favourites for a picnic or dine-out.
- Tattinger Champagne Brut
- Moet Chandon
- Truchard 2007 Chardonnay (CA)
- Highfield Estate 2008 Sauvignon Blanc (NZ)
- Howard Park 2007 Reisling (Aust)
- Barking Hedge 2007 Sauvignon Blanc(Marlbourgh, NZ)
- Yalumba 2008 Chardonnay (S. Aust)
- Grosset Polish Hill 2008 Reisling (Aust)
- Torbreck 2006 Shiraz (Aust)
- Waterbrook 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon (Walla Walla)
- Young’s Vineyard 2007 Barberra (CA)
- Truchard 2006 Pinot Noir (CA)
- Maygar 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon (Aust)
- Young’s Vineyard 2007 Sangiovese
- Cline Old Vines 2008 Ancient Zinfandel (CA)
There are times, when an icy cold beer is all you need. While it is not possible to stock every type of beer from all over the world, we keep a range of beers from various parts of the world that will be sure to satisfy.