CULINARY OFFERINGS IN THE NEW YEAR
In the spirit of the New Year, we are excited to announce that guest chef Ari Taymor will be joining us in early 2017 to dazzle our lucky guests with an array of delicious, unique island-inspired small-plate dishes. Food is often at the heart of our New Year's resolutions and Turtle Island is fortunate to boast a cornucopia of the freshest grown produce and seafood caught daily from the surrounding waters. With Chef Ari Taymor on the Island, we will be offering a culinary experience not to be missed.
CHEF ARI TAYMOR (Jan 22-29, 2017)
Ari Taymor grew up in Palo Alto, California. In 2012, he opened his restaurant, Alma, in Downtown Los Angeles; it immediately made waves throughout the national food scene. Ari took an ambitious pop-up with “four burners and a broken oven door”, and turned it into one of the country’s most exciting new restaurants — and a national dining destination.
The menu at Alma was inspired by the landscape and terrain of Southern California. The ingredients were sourced from local farmers and from Alma’s own garden in Venice, California. Ari changed and adapted the dishes at Alma frequently to reflect seasonality and availability of the highest quality produce and game that California has to offer. “Every dish I serve is based upon a specific memory I want to share,” says Ari. “If you don’t incorporate your personality then you won’t stand out.”
Ari has won numerous accolades including Bon Appetit’s Best New restaurant in the country, 2013; LA Times, LA magazine and LA Weekly Best New restaurant; one of Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs, 2014; three times James Beard rising Star Chef finalist and semifinalist. We look forward to seeing Ari’s next hush-hush venture and his food philosophy, creativity and devotion to premium quality produce come alive in the kitchen on Turtle Island.
- Return seaplane transfers to Turtle Island;
- 7 nights in a Grand Beachfront Bure (Villa) on Turtle Island;
- Nightly pre-dinner drinks with canapés;
- Daily buffet breakfast and 3-course South-Pacific inspired lunch and dinner with wine pairings to complement the meals;
- Depending on dates selected, cooking demonstrations and interaction with guest chef and/or sessions with personal trainer and “see-the-island" fitness program;
- All beverages, including cocktails, top shelf liquor, wines, beers and non-alcoholic drinks;
- Personal butler service (“Bure Mama”) to take care of all your needs – and ensure that your beachfront villa is always stocked with beverages of your choice and platters of tropical fruit;
- All activities and cultural experiences, including village visits, sunset cruises, mountain top dinners, water sports, diving, fishing and horse riding;
- Complimentary laundry service;
- 2 x 30 minute massages at Vonu Spa